This tasty Thai dish whips up quick for dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. I cut the tofu into small 1/2 inch cubes because I thought they were cute, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you do you. Enjoy.
14 oz tofu, drained and pressed
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp red curry paste
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp vegan fish sauce
1.5 Tbsp sugar(I used coconut sugar)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 large baby bok choy, slice in half lengthwise
2 scallions, sliced
2 Tbsp peanuts, chopped
Rice of choice
1. Wisk together red curry paste, lime juice, vegan fish sauce, sugar and soy sauce until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside
2. Slice tofu into small 1/2 cubes. Toss gently in cornstarch.
3. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp oil, stirfry tofu until lightly browned, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Pour sauce over tofu and cook until thickened, approximately 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Heat a large lidded skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. Place baby bok choy halfs cut side down into skillet. Sprinkle with salt and cook for 3 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp water to skillet then cover and steam for 3 minutes.
5. Spread rice onto plates and place baby bok choy halfs cut side up over rice. Top baby bok choy with Thai tofu then sprinkle with scallions and chopped peanuts.