Taco Tuesday will never be the same after tasting these. Caramelized pineapples, spicy roasted sweet potatoes, cilantro beans, chipotle ranch and crunchy slaw redefines the definition of tacos. I've made these Purple Carrot inspired tacos several times now and there are never any leftovers.
1 sweet potato
1 tsp chipotle chili powder, divided
1/2 tsp oregano
4 oz shredded cabbage
1 tbsp mild vinegar(champagne, rice or white wine vinegar)
1 tsp agave/maple syrup
8 oz pineapple
1/4 cup vegan ranch dressing
1 can black beans
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut the sweet potato into 1/2 inch cubes. Toss with 3/4 tsp chipotle powder, oregano, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until brown and crispy, about 13 to 15 minutes.
2. Toss the shredded cabbage and half the chopped cilantro with the juice from half the lime, agave/maple syrup, vinegar, and a pinch of salt.
3. Combine the ranch dressing with a pinch of the remaining chipotle spice. Season with salt to taste.
4. Dice the pineapple into 1/4 inch pieces. Saute over medium-high heat with 2 tsp vegetable oil until browned in places, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
5. Return skillet to medium heat. Add the drained and rinsed black beans to the skillet with 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer, and add remaining cilantro and lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
6. Warm tortillas. Layer each tortilla with roasted sweet potatoes, cilantro beans, and coleslaw. Top with the caramelized pineapple and drizzle with chipotle ranch.