This delicious pie is made with Beyond Sweet Italian Sausages, sautéed sweet Vidalia onions and sweet bell peppers. I added a little heat with a sprinkle of red chili flakes. I baked it to perfection in a roasting pan, but a pizza pan or cast iron skillet can be used too.
Premade pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
2 Beyond sweet Italian sausages
2 sweet peppers, sliced
1/2 large sweet onion, sliced
Sauce of choice(I use Dei Fratelli's)
Vegan cheese of choice(I prefer Follow Your Heart mozzarella shreds)
1/4 tsp red chili flakes(optional)
1. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a roasting pan. Place dough into pan and turn over to coat evenly with oil. Press dough flattening it slightly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let dough sit at room temperature for 2 hours to rise. *I preheat my oven to 170°F, turn off the heat, then place the pan in the oven with the door open. After 15 minutes, shut the door.
2. Sauté onions and peppers in a skillet over medium-high heat with a little olive oil until onions translucent and peppers slightly softened, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Return skillet to medium-high heat then cook Beyond sausages, breaking up with a spatula until lightly browned and crumbled, approximately 5 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 500°F. Press dough around pan until it fills in every corner, popping any large bubbles that appear. Lift edge of the dough to let any air bubbles underneath escape if needed, then repeat until there are no air bubbles left and dough is evenly spread around the pan.
5. Spread sauce over dough all the way to the edge; no need to leave any untopped dough. Followed by vegan cheese, peppers & onion mixture and crumbled sausage. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes(optional) and a little sea salt. Bake 15-17 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before using a spatula to remove pizza from pan to a cutting board.