This delicious Summer Squash Flatbread with sweet corn puree, vegan parmesan, balsamic glaze and roasted red peppers is a perfect appetizer for a small party or dinner for 2 to 3. I used Wewalka brand flatbread that I baked before assembling, but there are plenty of already made vegan flatbreads available. So tasty.
2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
2 shallots, sliced
2 ears corn, kernels removed
1/4 cup vegan sour cream
2 summer squash
Flatbreads of choice
1/2 cup vegan parmesan, shredded
8 oz roasted red peppers, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat with 1 Tbsp oil, saute garlic and shallots until softened, approximately to 3 minutes. Add corn kernels and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until charred in places, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.
2. Reserve 1/2 cup charred corn mixture. Add remaining mixture to a food processor with vegan sour cream, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp water. Blend until smooth.
3. Use a peeler to peel summer squash into ribbons. Add summer squash ribbons, 1 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl and toss.
4. Set the oven to broil on low. Spread sweet corn puree over flatbread. Sprinkle reserved charred corn mixture over puree then top with summer squash ribbons, and vegan parmesan.
5. Broil flatbreads on a baking sheet until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Drizzle summer squash flatbreads with balsamic glaze then top with roasted red peppers and chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from Purple Carrot.