Here's another favorite I make frequently for lunch or dinner. So good and filling too. I'm stuffed.
2 sweet potatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4" cucumber, cut into 1/4 moons
0.5 oz fresh parsley, chopped
1 bunch baby broccoli
3 Tbsp white miso paste
3 Tbsp tahini
1.5 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Rub each of the potatoes with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast, cut side down, until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Trim baby brocolli stems then chop into bite-sized pieces.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, sliced cucumber, parsley, just 1.5 Tbsp lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine.
4. In a small bowl, combine the white miso paste, tahini, white vinegar, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, and 3 tbsp water. Whisk the miso tahini until smooth.
5. Place a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Once hot, add the baby brocolli and 1/4 cup water to create some steam. Cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Once the sweet potatoes are ready, turn cut-side-up. Using a fork, mash the flesh a bit. Spread the miso tahini onto plates and top with the sweet potatoes. Stuff with baby brocolli and top with cucumber chickpea salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chili pepper flakes.
Recipe from Purple Carrot