Got leftover rice? Love take out fried rice? Make a simple and quick dinner (or side dish) that tastes just as good, if not better, than take out. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. No JUSTEGG? Use tofu -just cook it first, and set aside, then return it to the rice in step #5. No rules, just yum.
1/2 cup JUSTEGG
3 cups chopped vegetables( I used carrots, mushrooms, onions & cabbage)
1 cup peas or edamame
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, minced
4 cups day old cooked rice
3 Tbsp Tamari
1Tbsp toasted sesame oil
Handful of bean sprouts (optional)
2 scallions, sliced
Sriracha for serving
1. Heat 1/2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in JUSTEGG, swirl to coat base. Cook until mostly set, then flip and continue cook another minute. Slide onto cutting board. To create ribbons, roll up loosely then slice once lengthwise then slice into 1/2" pieces. Set aside.
2. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. Saute garlic, ginger and 3 cups chopped vegetables until softened, approximately 5 minutes adding peas during last minute of cooking. Remove vegetables from skillet, set aside.
3. Add another 1 Tbsp oil to skillet/wok. When hot, add rice and fry for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up any clumps.
4. Return cooked vegetables to skillet and mix with rice, stir until well combined. Stir in tamari and sesame oil, mix well. Cook another 2 minutes.
5. Return JUSTEGG to skillet and mix into rice.
6. Stir in bean sprouts, mix well. Sprinkle with green onions before serving. Serve with sriracha sauce.