Got leftover rice? Love take out fried rice? Make a simple and quick dinner (or side dish) that tastes just as good, if not better, than take out. I used soy curls to replicate chicken but I also make this frequently without. Tofu can substitute for JUSTEGG if you prefer, just cook it first, and set aside, then return it to the rice in step #5. No rules, just yum.
4 cups cooked rice
1/4 bag soy curls
1 cup chicken flavored vegetable broth, or regular broth
3 cups chopped vegetables( I used carrots, onions & nappa cabbage)
1 cup edamame or peas
2 green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, minced
1/3 cup JUSTEGG
Handful of bean sprouts (optional)
3 Tbsp Tamari
1.5 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1. Add soy curls to bowl. Boil vegetable broth then pour over soy curls. Let stand 10 minutes, drain and pat dry. Chop into small pieces.
2. In large skillet/wok over medium high heat with 1 Tbsp oil, saute soy curls 2 minutes. Add another 1 Tbsp oil, saute garlic, ginger and 3 cups chopped vegetables until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Add edamame/peas and contine to cook another minute. Remove soy curls and vegetables from skillet, set aside.
3. Add another 1 Tbsp oil to skillet/wok. When hot, add rice and fry for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Return cooked vegetables and soy curl mixture to skillet and mix with rice. Stir in tamari and sesame oil, mix well. Push rice to edges of skillet. Turn heat down to medium.
5. Add JUSTEGG to center of skillet. Cook until able to scramble. Add a pinch black salt (kala namak) to egg if available. Once scrambled, mix into rice.
6. Stir in bean sprouts, mix well. Sprinkle with green onions before serving. Serve with sriracha sauce.