I love Asian dishes; bonus when they include noodles. This one is super simple to make too. It's got a little bit of spice to it, so if you like it hot, add more chili garlic sauce, sriracha or thai chili peppers. I used brown rice ramen noodles, but any noodles will work. Vegan oyster sauce is just vegetarian stirfry sauce. Yum.
15 oz package extra firm tofu, drained & pressed
6 oz brown rice ramen noodles
3 Tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
1 large carrot, sliced on the diagonal
3 baby bok choy
8 oz mushrooms, thickly sliced
3-4 scallions, sliced in 1" pieces
(STIR FRY SAUCE)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp vegan oyster sauce(vegetarian stir fry sauce)
1.5 tsp sugar(I use coconut sugar)
2 tsp chili garlic sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
2. Combine ingredients for stir fry sauce in a medium sized bowl. Slice tofu into cubes. Slice baby bok choy into 1" pieces, separating white part from green.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 Tbsp of another high heat oil (I use avocado oil), cook tofu until browned, approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove tofu from skillet and add it to the bowl with the stirfry sauce.
4. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp sesame oil. Stir fry carrots, mushrooms and white part of baby bok choy approximately 4 minutes. Add baby bok choy greens and continue to cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add noodles, scallions, tofu and stirfry sauce. Continue to cook until sauce is bubbling and noodles are cooked through, approximately 2 minutes. Sprinklevwith sesame seeds before serving.