Ramen noodles aren't just for college anymore. I use organic rice & millet ramen noodles from Lotus foods whenever I get cravings. This delicious noodle dish is ready in under 30 minutes. Serves 4
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp vegan oyster sauce (or stirfry sauce)
4 tsp hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp mirin
10 oz dried ramen noodles(4 bundles)
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp high heat oil(avocado, coconut)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 sweet onion, sliced
12 oz ground plant-based meat
1/4 cup water
12 oz beansprouts
3 scallions, sliced
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Prepare ramen noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse and store in cold water until ready to use.
2. Wisk together dark soy sauce, soy sauce, vegan oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and mirin. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over almost high heat, add oils. Stirfry onions for 3 minutes then add garlic, and cook another minute.
4. Add ground plant-based meat and cook, breaking it up as you go, until browned, approximately 5 minutes. Add Sauce and cook for 3 minutes until well caramelized.
5. Drain noodles and add to skillet with 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine, then cook for 2 minutes. Add beansprouts, toss then continue to cook until sauce reduces and noodles coated, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds before serving. Serve with sriracha(optional).