Simple red curry tofu and veggies over rice using red curry paste and whatever vegetables you have in the crisper. I used carrots, baby bok choy and some edamame. I also added a jalapeno pepper for a little bit of a kick because I'm like that; you do you. No rules, just yum.
1.5 cups rice of choice
14 oz package extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
2 carrots, peeled & sliced
1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced, separating white parts from green.
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
2 Tbsp red curry paste
1 Tbsp brown sugar
14 oz can coconut milk
1/2 cup shelled edamame
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Cut tofu into cubes. In a large skillet/wok over medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil, cook tofu until browned, approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add a little more oil if needed. Stirfry carrots 2 minutes. Add baby bok choy whites and continue to stirfry another 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and jalapeno if using and stirfry another 1 minute.
4. Stir in coconut milk, red curry paste and sugar. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in bok choy greens and edamame. Cover and continue to simmer another 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Return tofu to skillet and continue to cook until heated through, approximately 1-2 minutes.
7. Remove from heat. Stir in chopped cilantro. Serve over rice.