Pineapple fried rice is both sweet and savory, and a great way to use up leftover rice. I served it in hollowed out pineapple to eat outside on the patio. Ah paradise. I used vegan fish sauce(available from Amazon), and vegan oyster sauce, which is just vegetarian stirfry sauce. Yum.
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp vegan fish sauce
1 Tbsp vegan oyster sauce(or stir fry sauce)
1.5-2 tsp chili-garlic sauce(sambal oelek)
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 cup JUSTEGG
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2" ginger, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled & chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1/3 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
1 cup peas
4 cups cooked, day old jasmine or basmati rice
4 scallions, sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Wisk together soy sauce, vegan fish sauce, vegan oyster sauce, sambal oelek, sugar and curry powder in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet/wok over medium with 2 tsp cooking oil, cook JUSTEGG, scrambling and breaking up. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Remove and set aside.
3. Increase heat to medium-high and add 1 Tbsp oil. Stir fry garlic, ginger, carrot and onion for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and cashews then continue to stir fry another 3 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
4. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. Add rice and cook for 3 minutes, breaking up any clumps. Return vegetables to skillet and stir to combine. Add sauce mixture. Stir fry everything together until rice is well coated with sauce, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Stir in pineapple and peas; continue to cook until heated through, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Finally, stir in JUSTEGG and scallions. Serve with chopped cilantro.