Do you know chicken molé? I've never had the dish, but after trying molé sauce, I knew I had to have some. I used sautéed soy curls coated with molé sauce then topped them with vegan cheese, confetti slaw, avocado and a squeeze of lime. Olé
Note *I used molé paste (international isle with other Mexican sauces) and water to create molé sauce. I suggest looking up how to open the molé paste jar on YouTube, otherwise you may be inclined to toss the entire jar out the window. It's easy once you learn how.
8 oz bag soy curls
8 oz jar molé paste (Doña Maria brand)
Shredded vegan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cups coleslaw blend
1 cup corn kernels
1/3 cup peppadew peppers, chopped
1. Prepare coleslaw by wisking together lime juice, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and olive oil. Add the coleslaw blend, corn, and peppadew peppers. Toss the slaw until well coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Place soy curls in a bowl. Bring 2 cups water to a boil then pour over soy curls. Let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate. Drain and pat dry, squeezing liquid out of the soy curls(I use my salad spinner to remove liquid then squueze and dry in a towel).
3. Place mole paste and 3.5 cups water into a saucepan. Heat to boil, stirring frequently to completely dissolve the paste. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until thickened.
4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp oil, saute soy curls until browned, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour molé sauce over soy curls and stir until well coated.
5. Wrap tortilla shells in damp towel and microwave for 1 minute. Assemble tacos by placing molé soy curls onto tortilla shells. Top with confetti slaw, grated vegan cheese, Avocado and a squeeze of lime juice.