Pizza and taco nights come together for this fun and delicious Mexican pizza. I used refried beans as a base, plant-based cheese, soy chorizo from Trader Joe's, red onions, red peppers, corn and topped with cilantro then drizzled with ranch dressing. Toppings are only limited by your imagination. No rules, just yum. **I used the ROASTING PAN METHOD to bake this delicious pizza. Once you try it, you'll never go back.
Premade pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
15 oz can vegetarian refried beans
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
12 oz Soy chorizo
1.5 cups vegan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
1/2 cup corn
1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Prepare the dough or use store bought dough.
2. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 475°F for 30 minutes. Or use Roasting Pan method.
3. Cook soy chorizo until heated through according to package directions.
4. Mix the refried beans with 1 Tbsp water to thin the consistency so that it is easily spreadable(you may need to heat slightly in microwave). Mix in cumin and paprika.
5. Roll out pizza dough then place onto a pizza peel that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
6. Assemble pizza by spreading the bean mixture in a thin layer over the dough then top with soy chorizo. Sprinkle with vegan cheese, red peppers, red onions and corn. Sprinkle with a little salt.
7. Transfer the pizza to the pizza stone using the pizza peel, and bake until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 12 to 14 minutes.
8. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over pizza and drizzle with vegan ranch. Slice and serve with sliced avocado(optional)