I love a good frittata and I like it best when it's Mexican inspired. I used soy chorizo from Trader Joe's and JUSTEGG. It was so simple, just saute, pour and cover. Dinner, or breakfast, in under 30 minutes.
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 poblano pepper, seeded & finely chopped
Kernels from 1 cob of fresh corn
1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped
12 oz soy chorizo
12 oz bottle JUSTEGG
1/2 tsp kala namak(optional)
1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 avocado for serving(optional)
1. In a large skillet over medium high heat with 1 Tbsp oil, saute onion, poblano pepper and corn kernels for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Add red pepper and soy chorizo to skillet and continue to cook, stirring to break up chorizo, for 5 more minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium low so soyrizo doesn't burn. Shake bottle of JUSTEGG well then pour over entire mixture. Sprinkle with another pinch of salt. Cover and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
4. If using kala namak(optional), sprinkle over mixture, then sprinkle shredded vegan cheddar over mixture. Cover and continue to cook until cheese melted, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over mixture. Serve with sliced avocado.