Fishless Taco recipe #4 featuring Gardein Fishless filets. In this version I spiced the filets with Jamaican Jerk seasoning then topped with Pineapple Salsa and served them with Coconut & Red Bean Rice. Eat them up yum!
2 packages Gardein Fishless filets
1.5-2 Tbsp jerk seasoning
1/2 cup red onion, minced, divided
3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, zested
15 oz can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 1/4 cups basmati/jasmine rice
14 oz can coconut milk
Soft tortilla shells
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat with 2 tsp oil, saute 1/3 cup of the minced onion and half the minced garlic. Cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rice, coconut milk, 1 tsp salt, and 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Place fishless filets on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle half the jerk seasoning over one side of the filets. Bake 12 minutes. Flip filets over and sprinkle remaining togarashi spice over filets. Bake another 8 minutes.
3. Combine the remaining minced onion, minced garlic, diced pineapples, cilantro, juice from the lime and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
4. When the rice has finished cooking, stir in the lime zest and kidney beans. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels then microwave 1 minute to warm.
5. Assemble tacos with fishless filets, topped with pineapple salsa. Serve with Coconut Rice & Beans