Oh yum, this savory beefless pot pie uses Impossible meat, veggies and gravy topped with puff pastry. Although I used Impossible meat to make this delicious pot pie, Gardein beefless tips would be a delicious alternative. Another option would be to bake in two pie shells instead of pastry. No rules, just yum.
12 oz package Impossible meat
3 Tbsp vegan butter
1 lb russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
2 large carrots, peeled & cut into 1/2 moons
1 large onion, chopped
4 oz mushrooms, quartered
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine(optional)
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 cups "no beef" broth
1 Tbsp soy sauce(dark soy sauce preferred)
1 Tbsp vegan worcestershire
1 cup frozen peas
1 sheet vegan puff pastry
Melted vegan butter/milk to brush pastry
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. If using frozen puff pastry, set out to thaw.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook Impossible meat, breaking up with spatula, until browned, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
3. Melt vegan butter in skillet then cook potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms and garlic for 9 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Return Impossible meat to skillet. Stir in rosemary, thyme and tomato paste then cook for 1 minute to release aromatics. Pour in red wine if using and continue to cook for 2 minutes to allow the alcohol to burn off. Sprinkle flour over mixture, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly pour in broth, soy sauce and vegan worchestire. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat then stir in peas.
5. Transfer mixture to a 2 quart baking dish. Roll out puff pastry then carefully place over mixture. Trim to size. Brush with a little melted vegan butter or plain plant milk. Bake 30-35 minutes until pastry golden brown. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.