This super simple Asian stir-fry, adapted and veganized from a Salt & Lavender recipe, is a tasty way to have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. I served it with Jasmine rice. So yum.
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter or peanut sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tsp chili-garlic (sambal oelek) or sriracha sauce
12 oz Impossible beef
4 cloves garlic, minced
1" fresh ginger, grated
4 cups green cabbage, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 scallions, sliced
1. In a small bowl wisk together hoisin sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the Impossible beef, breaking up with spatula while cooking, until just browned, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 1-2 Tbsp of oil. Add the cabbage and onion; stirfry for 8-9 minutes.
4. Return Impossible meat to skillet and stir in garlic & ginger. Continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Turn off heat. Add the stir-fry sauce and stir until well coated. Serve over rice and sprinkle with sliced scallions.