Recipe adapted from "veggiechick" to make a bit of flatbread.
1 envelope active dry yeast
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp drief oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
1. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and olive oil. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and chopped herbs then stir into yeast and water mixture. Stir until dough forms into a ball. Transfer dough to a cutting board, and knead until smooth, approximately 3 minutes.
3. Transfer dough to a bowl sprayed with cooking spray and cover with a damp cloth to rise 1 hour.
4. Remove dough from the bowl and transfer again to a well floured surface. Punch dough and knead lightly into a smooth roll. Cut into 6 pieces of dough. Roll or press with your hands, each piece into a flat circle, about 6 inches in diameter.
**Note- I rolled out each piece just before adding to pan to cook, as they stuck to surface when I rolled them out ahead of time**
5. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Lightly grease pan with a little olive oil and add flatbread one at a time. Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side. Repeat, adding more oil until all flatbreads are cooked. Makes 6 flatbreads.
6. To store, wrap the flatbreads in plastic wrap or in a plastic bag or airtight container. Reheat in toaster.