Adapted from a Purple Carrot recipe, this simple dish is prepared in 1 pan. Zucchini sticks and carrot noodles are fun to make. If you don't have a spiralizer just continue to peel the carrots into ribbons. Coconut chips top this recipe to add a bit of sweetness for a sweet and spicy bowl of deliciousness. **You choose the heat level with the amount of chili-garlic sauce used. I used 2 Tbsp...🔥🔥
1 pkg organic extra firm tofu
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
¼ cup peanut butter
3 Tbsp tamari
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
1/2 cup coconut chips
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Drain tofu, press and pat dry. Cut into 1" cubes.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the minced garlic and ginger, peanut butter, tamari, coconut sugar, sesame oil, as much of the chili garlic sauce as you’d like, and 3 Tbsp warm water.
3. Trim the zucchini and slice into thin planks lengthwise, about 1/4" thick. Stack and cut into thin strips. Peel the carrot and then continue to peel lengthwise to create noodles.
4. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add tofu and cook until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Add half of the peanut sauce and cook until sticky and browned in places, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the crispy peanut tofu to a plate.
5. Return the skillet to medium heat with a little oil, add vegetable noodles and stirfry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining peanut sauce and gently toss. Reduce heat to medium and cook until noodles are heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes. Halve the lime and add the juice from just half the lime to the skillet, taste, and season with salt.
6. Serve vegetable noodles topped with crispy peanut tofu. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and coconut chips. Serve with lime wedges.