Tired of burgers that fall apart when you're cooking or eating them? This burger, with the addition of vital wheat gluten, solves that problem. I cooked these in a skillet, but I'm eager to try them on the grill too. If you try these on the grill, please let me know how they turned out!
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos
1 Tbsp vegan worchestire
1 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp grated beets
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1. Bake beans on cookie sheet @350°F for 20 minutes.
2. Combine all ingredients in food processor, then pulse until well mixed.
3. Remove from processor, form dough ball then knead for 3 minutes to activate vital wheat gluten.
4. Form into 4 patties then let sit for 15 minutes before cooking.
5. Cook in skillet with a little oil over medium heat until well browned on both sides, pressing patties down with spatula, approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add 2 Tbsp water, cover and continue to cook until water evaporated.
6. Serve on buns with desired condiments. **Makes 4 burgers.