Mmmm remember Pasta e Fagioli from Olive Garden? With plant-based ground meat & Beyond Hot Italian Sausages, veganizing this traditional dish is simple without sacrificing anything. So yum.
1 cup ditalini pasta
12 oz plant-based ground meat
2 hot Italian Beyond sausages
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp dried thyme
3 cups 'no chicken' vegetable broth
1 cup water
15 oz can tomato sauce
15 oz can diced tomatoes
15 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 bay leaf
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside.
2. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook plant-based ground and Beyond sausages, breaking up to crumble until browned, approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove from stockpot and set aside.
3. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the stockpot. Saute garlic, onion, carrots and celery, stirring occasionally, until tender, approximately 6 minutes. Add basil, oregano and thyme then cook for 1 minute to release aromatics.
4. Stir in 'no chicken' vegetable broth, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 13-15 minutes.
5. Stir in pasta, kidney and cannellini beans and cooked plant-based ground and sausage. Continue to cook until heated through, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese and/or chili peppers if desired and serve with Italian bread.
**note- add additional broth to leftovers if there is any.