Oh yum, have you had the chance to try Beyond Meat Steak Tips yet? They are next-level plant-based meat . I made this savory beefless pot pie that I've been making for years with them. Impossible meat can also be used to make this delicious pot pie.
12 oz Beyond Steak Tips(or Impossible meat)
3 Tbsp vegan butter
1 lb russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
2 large carrots, peeled & cut into 1/2 moons
1 large onion, chopped
4 oz mushrooms, quartered
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup red wine(optional)
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2 cups "no beef" broth
1 Tbsp soy sauce(dark soy sauce preferred)
1 Tbsp vegan worcestershire
1 cup frozen peas
1 sheet vegan puff pastry
Melted vegan butter/milk to brush pastry
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. If using frozen puff pastry, set out to thaw.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tsp oil, cook Beyond Steak Tips, until slightly browned, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from skillet, set aside.
3. Melt vegan butter in skillet then cook potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms and garlic for 9 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Return to Beyond Steak Tips to skillet. Stir in rosemary, thyme and tomato paste then cook for 1 minute to release aromatics. Pour in red wine if using and continue to cook for 2 minutes to allow the alcohol to burn off. Sprinkle flour over mixture, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly pour in broth, soy sauce and vegan worchestire. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat then stir in peas.
5. Transfer mixture to a 2 quart baking dish. Roll out puff pastry then carefully place over mixture. Trim to size. Brush with a little melted vegan butter or plain plant milk. Bake 30-35 minutes until pastry golden brown. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.