Mmmm Taco Tuesdays during the summer are the best because MANGOS are yum. I make these tasty tacos frequently and they are always a hit.
1 avocado, diced
1 mango, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1 jalapeño, deseeded
3 cloves garlic
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 tsp ground cumin
6 Flour tortillas shells
½ tsp chili powder
3 cups shredded red cabbage
Vegan sour cream(optional)
1. Prepare Guacamole by chopping 1/2 the cilantro then combine it with the diced avocado, just half the diced mango, chopped onion, juice from half the lime and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
2. Prepare coleslaw dressing by adding half the jalapeno to a blender, along with remaining mango, cilantro, lime juice, 1 garlic clove, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and 1 Tbsp water. Blend cilantro sauce until smooth, taste, and season with salt.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the red cabbage with just half of the cilantro sauce and a pinch of salt. Save the remaining sauce to drizzle over tacos.
4. Mince the remaining garlic and jalapeño. Place a small nonstick skillet over medium heat with 2 tsp olive oil. Add the remaining garlic, jalapeño, and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the black beans and a pinch of salt and mash with the back of a fork. Add 1/2 cup water and cook until beans have thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
5. To prepare tacos, spoon 2 Tbsp black beans onto one side of each tortilla and fold in half. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp oil, cook tacos until crispy, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Sprinkle crispy tacos with chili powder and salt.
6. Assemble tacos with red cabbage slaw, mango avocado guacamole, and dollop with sour cream(optional). Drizzle with remaining cilantro jalapeño mango sauce.
*Adapted from Purple Carrot.