Rich and decadent mushroom (portobello, shitake and cremini) pizza with a simple white sauce base, drizzled with a little truffle oil is the perfect way to end a busy week. No need to use truffle oil or truffle salt if you don't have it, as this pizza is just as delicious without. **I used the ROASTING PAN METHOD to bake this delicious pizza. Once you try it, you'll never go back.
Premade pizza dough or homemade pizza dough
12-14 oz assorted mushrooms(portobello, shitake, cremini), sliced
2 Tbsp plant-based butter
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup plant-based milk, hot
1 cup vegan parmesan cheese, shredded
7 oz vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded
1.5 tsp truffle oil
1. Prepare the dough or use store bought dough.
2. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 475°F for 30 minutes. Or use Roasting Pan method.
3. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add mushrooms, sprinkle with truffle salt(or sea salt); cook until liquid released and caramelized in places, approximately 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Melt 2 Tbsp vegan butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add flour, stirring with a whisk; cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook until thick and bubbly. Wisk in vegan parmesan cheese until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Assemble pizza by spreading white sauce over pizza dough. Top with shredded vegan mozzarella and mushrooms. Drizzle truffle oil over mushrooms then sprinkle with truffle salt(or sea salt).
6. Bake 13 to 15 minutes (16 to 18 minutes for roasting pan method). If using pan pizza method, let stand 5 minutes before using knife to cut around edge and spatula to remove to cutting board.