Mmmm this popular Thai street food means noodles fried in soy sauce. Traditionally made with chicken, this version goes vegan with soy curls and JUSTEGG. I bought extra wide rice noodles, vegan oyster sauce and vegan fish sauce at my local Asian market but all 3 can be found on Amazon. This recipe calls for dark soy sauce, which stains the noodles, but regular soy sauce can be used.
1/2 bag soy curls(4oz)
7 oz wide rice stick noodles
1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp vegan oyster flavored sauce(vegetarian stirfry sauce)
1 tsp vegan fish sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce/tamari
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp coconut or brown sugar
2 Tbsp water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup JUSTEGG
6 stems Chinese broccoli(gai lan), or use regular broccoli or bok choy, trimmed and stems separated from leaves, cut in 1" pieces.
1. In a bowl, soak soy curls in nearly boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, squeeze liquid out and pat dry.
2. Cook noodles according to packet directions, drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
3. Prepare sauce by combining soy sauces, oyster flavored sauce, fishless sauce, vinegar, sugar and water. Mix well to dissolve sugar.
3. In a large skillet/wok over high heat add 1 Tbsp of oil. Add garlic, cook 15 seconds. Add soy curls and stirfry until slightly browned approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add Chinese broccoli stems and continue to stirfry another 3 to 4 minutes; adding 1-2 Tbsp water then covering to steam veggies for 1 minute. Remove cover and add broccoli leaves, stirfry until just wilted, approximately 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Push everything to sides of skillet, add JUSTEGG and scramble. Once the JUSTEGG is cooked combine mixture then remove everything from skillet; set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
4. Return skillet to high heat with 2 Tbsp oil. Add noodles, toss then add sauce to coat noodles. Continue to cook noodles and sauce until sauce begins to caramelize onto noodles, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Return soy curl and vegetable mixture to skillet and toss to combine. Serve immediately.