I love roasting carrots in my oven or airfryer. This recipe adds both sweetness and a bit of spice to them. Peppadew peppers are both sweet and spicy too. You're going to love this one. Yum.
2 bunches rainbow carrots
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
1 Tbsp tsp agave
3/4 cup quinoa
1 lime, zested
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup coleslaw blend
1/2 cup corn
1/4 cup peppadew peppers, chopped
1/2 cup vegan yogurt(or mayo)
1 tsp cumin
15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper if available. Combine agave, 2 tsp vegetable oil, 1/4 tsp salt and chipotle powder. Mix well then coat the carrots. Roast until tender and browned in places, about 25 to 28 minutes.
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions while carrots are roasting.
3. In a large bowl, combine the juice from half the lime, minced garlic, half the chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 2 tsp olive oil. Whisk to combine. Add the coleslaw blend, corn, and peppadew peppers. Toss the slaw until well coated.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt(or mayonnaise) , cumin, remaining lime juice, and ¼ tsp salt. Stir the cumin yogurt to combine.
5. Drain and rinse the black beans. Add the beans to the cooked quinoa along with the lime zest and remaining chopped cilantro. Stir well to combine, taste, and adjust salt as necessary.
6. Serve the black bean quinoa topped with confetti slaw and chipotle roasted carrots. Drizzle with cumin yogurt.
Recipe from Purple Carrot