Simple and quick that cooks up in one pot makes this recipea weeknight winner; filling too. I used soy chorizo from Trader Joe's but it can be made with just the veggies and quinoa(add 1 tsp chili powder if not using soyrizo). No rules, just yum.
12 oz Soy Chorizo
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup quinoa
1.5 cups vegetable broth
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 x 10 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
15 oz can corn, drained
1 tsp cumin
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Heat a little oil in a large skillet/Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add soy chorizo and garlic and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, crumbling with spatula.
2. Stir in quinoa and toast, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth, black beans, tomatoes, corn, and cumin. Stir to incorporate.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, approximately 25 to 30 minutes, or until quinoa blisters. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt to taste. Serve with optional tortilla chips, avocado slices or guacamole, vegan sour cream or sprinkle with shredded vegan cheese of choice.
*Air fryer tortilla chips- cut a flour/corn tortilla in thick strips. Spray lightly with oil and sprinkle with chili powder. Airfry @370° for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt