My search for an easy & tasty vegan macaroni and cheese recipe is over. This entire recipe cooks in one pot in about 20 minutes, start to finish. Kid approved. Heck your kids could make this mac & cheese for themselves.
4 cups plain/unflavored plant milk
1 cup coconut milk
8 oz pasta (cavatelli)
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp white miso paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
Juice from 1/2 lemon (1 Tbsp)
Chopped parsley (optional)
1. In a large pot, wisk together plant milk, tumeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and white miso paste. Bring to boil.
2. Once boiling, stir in pasta. Boil pasta, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking for 12 to 13 minutes.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat coconut milk in microwave. Wisk arrowroot starch into coconut milk.
4. Stir coconut milk mixture, nutritional yeast and lemon juice into pasta. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional)