Simple and quick dinner idea made with plant-based ground, shredded cabbage, carrots, onions and JUSTEGG then drizzled with sriracha mayonnaise(optional) and served over rice. Yum!
1.5 cups rice of choice
12 oz plant-based ground
1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
3 Tbsp soy sauce, divided
2/3 cup JUSTEGG(optional)
1 Tbsp sesame oil
8 cups shredded cabbage(or 16 oz bag coleslaw)
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 large sweet onion
3 cloves garlic minced
1" fresh ginger, minced
1 Tbsp mirin(or rice vinegar)
3-4 scallions, sliced
1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
1-2 tsp sriracha sauce
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Place plant-based ground in a bowl. Sprinkle the Chinese 5 spice powder and 1 Tbsp soy sauce over ground, then mix in well. Combine vegan mayonnaise and sriracha, stir well.
2. Place a large skillet over medium heat with 2 tsp oil. Pour in JUSTEGG, swirl to coat base. Cook until mostly set, then flip and continue cook another minute. Slide onto cutting board. To create ribbons, roll up loosely then slice into 1/2" pieces. Set aside.
3. Return skillet to stove over medium-high heat. Add the plant-based ground and stir-fry until browned, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from skillet, set aside.
4. Return skillet to medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp sesame oil and 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. Stirfry cabbage, carrot and onions for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and ginger; continue to stirfry another 2 minutes.
5. Pour mirin around edge of skillet to deglaze then stir. Return plant-based ground to skillet. Pour in remaining 2 Tbsp soy sauce and continue to cook, stirring frequently until everything well coated, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in JUSTEGG ribbons then remove from heat.
6. Serve mixture over rice. Drizzle with sriracha mayonnaise(optional) then sprinkle with sliced scallions.