Ever wonder what to do with those crumbled bits of soy curls at the bottom of the bag? Here's a tasty pizza idea for them. This thin pan pizza uses half a ball of premade pizza dough(or make your own dough with this recipe), but if you prefer a thicker pizza use the entire ball and increase the cooking time, or make 2 pizzas by doubling the toppings.. This pie has no sauce, just oil, garlic and spices. If you prefer sauce, add it. Avocado Crema is optional. No rules, just yum.
1/2 ball Pizza dough of choice
2 oz (1/4 bag) soy curls
1.5 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
4 oz vegan ricotta cheese (Kite Hill)
4 oz vegan Mexican blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup pickled jalapeños
1/4 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp plain non-dairy milk
2 Tbsp vegan sourcream or mayonnaise
1 Tbsp lime juice
1. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp oil to a 12" cast iron skillet. Form a ball with the pizza dough then place into skillet and turn over to coat evenly with oil. Press dough flattening it slightly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let dough sit at room temperature for 2 hours to rise.
2. To prepare soy curls, crumble by hand or place in a food processor to chop into small pieces. Heat 1 cup water to near boiling. Place soy curls in a bowl then pour water over them. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so liquid is absorbed evenly. Once rehydrated, squeeze liquid out with towel. Toss with 1/2 Tbsp oil, chili powder, chipotle powder and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Prepare avocado crema by combining avocado flesh, plant milk, vegan sour cream and 1 Tbsp lime juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 500°F. Press dough around skillet until it fills in every corner, popping any large bubbles that appear. Lift edge of the dough to let any air bubbles underneath escape, then repeat until there are no air bubbles left and dough is evenly spread around the pan.
5. Sprinkle minced garlic, cumin and oregano over dough. Using your hands, crumble vegan ricotta cheese and sprinkle onto pizza dough followed by shredded vegan cheese, spreading all the way to edge of dough(no need to leave room for crust with pan pizza). Top with soy curls, pickled jalapeños, corn and red onions then sprinkle with salt. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven then let stand a few minutes before removing to cutting board with a spatula.
6. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over pizza then drizzle with Avocado crema before slicing.